August 16th, 2023
Went to bed earlier than usual last night. Was asleep by ten so I got almost a good 7 hours of sleep. Felt amazing even though my right ankle/foot is still swollen from my reason gout flareup. Today was legs so I had to modify the workout a bit to cater to my injury but we got it done.
Instagram Day 16 Reel
Follow a Diet
Below is what I ate today:
- Post Workout
- 2 Scoops of Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein
- 3 Hard Boiled Eggs
- Leftover chicken kabob plate
- Thai Coconut Chicken with 2 scoops of rice
2 workouts of at least 45 Minutes (one must be outside):
- Workout #1 6:30 am Legs
- DB Stiff Leg Deadlift
- Leg Extension
- 1 Leg Presses
- 20 Minutes Bike
- Workout #2 Walk
- 45 Minute Walk
1 Gallon Of Water
Read at least 10 pages
“7 Habits of Highly Effective People”
Summary of what I read today:
- Level 1 – Shaming and Blaming: At this level, where negative interactions prevail, trust is minimal. The blame and criticism foster an atmosphere of suspicion and hinder trust-building.
- Level 2 – Explaining and Defending: Trust may start to develop slightly at this level, but defensiveness can still hinder open and honest communication, which is vital for trust to flourish.
- Level 3 – Understanding: Trust begins to grow significantly at this level. Genuine understanding and empathetic listening promote an environment where individuals feel respected and valued, nurturing trust.
- Level 4 – Synergy: The highest level of communication, synergy, is built upon a strong foundation of trust. Collaborative problem-solving and appreciating diverse viewpoints indicate a high level of trust among individuals, enabling them to work together effectively.
In summary, as the levels of communication progress toward higher levels (from blaming to synergy), trust tends to strengthen. The book emphasizes the importance of cultivating higher levels of communication to foster trust and create effective, synergistic interactions.
Day 16 Reflection:
- Highs and lows
- enjoy the highs and get through the lows