August 11th, 2023
Morning was the usual. Had a great workout then the afternoon threw me for a loop. After dropping off my son at my parent’s house I got stuck in traffic for 3 hours. The freeway was a dead stop until the firefighters got a handle on a brush fire on the side of the road. None the less, I was tired from the super long car ride but I still got my second workout in and finished my water at 9:41 pm
Instagram Day 11 Reel
Follow a Diet
Below is what I ate today:
- Post Workout
- Shake – 3 Scoops of Optimum Nutrition
- Fit bar
- 2 Spam Musubi
- Carne Asada Burrito
2 workouts of at least 45 Minutes (one must be outside):
- Workout #1 6:42 am Upper Body Hypertrophy
- 4 x 12 Lat pull downs (126 lbs)
- 4 x 12 Push ups
- Close Grip Pull 3 x 12 (100, 120, 140 lbs)
- 3 x 12 (90 lbs) Incline Press
- 4 x 10 (65, 70, 75, 80 lbs) Overhead Press
- 3 x 10 Assisted Handstand Push Ups
- 3 x 10 (10 lbs) Lateral Raise Complex
- 4 x 20 sit ups
- 3 x .30 Planks
- 3 x 20 leg raises
- Workout #2 5:22 pm
- 48 Minute Walk
- 1.8 Miles
1 Gallon Of Water
Completed at 9:41 pm
Read at least 10 pages
“7 Habits of Highly Effective People”
Summary of what I read today:
- Five Dimensions of win/win:
- Character: This is about being honest and trustworthy, even when it’s hard. It’s like sticking to your values, which helps people trust you.
- Relationships: Win/Win is about valuing others and trying to understand them. It’s like really listening and caring about what others feel and think.
- Agreements: Making Win/Win agreements means finding solutions that make everyone happy. It’s like making sure everyone gets something good out of a deal.
- Supportive Systems: This is about creating an environment where Win/Win can work well. It’s like setting up rules and ways of doing things that encourage people to work together instead of competing.
- Processes: This part is about solving problems in a Win/Win way. It’s like finding solutions where everyone’s needs and ideas are considered and respected.
- Overall, the Win/Win way of thinking aims to bring people together, understand each other, and find solutions that make everyone feel good about the outcome.
Day 11 Reflection:
- Have the ability to adapt when things don’t go as planned. I always map out my day but today went through the way side. What ended me with me leaving work early turned into a day of getting stuck in traffic. Yes I was behind schedule from workouts and water but I adjusted and get after it.